Aly's Spain Adventure

Read about what I'm doing while in Spain so you can keep up with me!

Name:
Location: Des Moines, Iowa, United States

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Day 43
Friday
So I had me a nice sleep but actually intended to get up at a decent time because the plumbers were coming this morning at 9:30am. I ended up just kind of greeting them & then going back to sleep. I eventually got up & headed to the locutorio to look up more pisos to check out. I went back home & bought a few groceries on the way & made me some lunch. After that I actually chilled & starting watching Piratas del Caribe II again to see if I could figure out what was going on. Not so much! I eventually went back to the locutorio & called my mommy & talked to her some. I had an appointment at 6:30 to go see a place so I headed there. It was very close to Plaza Espana which is one of the most popular places in Madrid so that was neat. It was a nice place but I found out it wasn't available until November & it also was a little more expensive that I hoped for. So that was kind of a bummer. I still had a chance that Carlos might call me about the place in Atocha to tell me I got it or not. So after my appointment I found another locutorio (actually in a Subway/Dunkin Donuts) & continued my apartment search. I didn't turn up anything great. So I actually walked by a Starbucks & decided to go in & get a chocolate frappucino & relax. I got a call from our friend David (the guy handing out the free entrances) & he invited me & my friends to coffee tomorrow so I said that would be great. Lots of spanish practicing! So then I headed home & had some dinner & actually talked a good deal to Marte (pronounced Marta). I have never been fond of her but we actually got along really well the past few days. Almost a shame that I will be moving but I really want to live with spanish speakers. So Alcyn had sent me a text earlier in the day to ask me if I wanted to do anything & I had said sure. We were going to try a bar that my friend Brett had suggested (he lived here for a semester 2 years ago). So I met Alcyn at about 10:30pm & we went to find the bar which we didn't find. :-( So then she suggested we go check out Fuencarral which had a whole bunch of bars. I had never been there before so I thought it'd be cool. We went to this nice place that was kind of modern-ish & had a beer. We went to one other place & had 2 beers & had a lot of nice conversation. I was actually surprised, I hadn't gotten along very well with Alcyn in the past but it was a nice night. It was funny because she actually gave her number to the bartender. He had a D.A.R.E. t-shirt on which is a US anti-drug program so we thought that was crazy. She told him she was in D.A.R.E. when she was younger & he thought it was funny so she told him if he wanted to know more about D.A.R.E. he could call her. Hehe. Funny. So Alcyn was going hiking the next day so after that we just headed home. I forgot to mention the best part of my night! Right before Alcyn & I got to the first bar, I got a call from Carlos! I got the room!!! Woohoo!!! No more room searching. It's more or less the same price as what I was in but I'm getting half the commision back from the first place from the person who is taking over my room. So it's cheaper & close to EVERYTHING!!! I'm so excited!!! And it's with a Mexican girl, a Peruvian girl (they speak spanish), & a Spanish girl. Lots of spanish speaking. So that made my night great & I went to bed a happy girl!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home