Aly's Spain Adventure

Read about what I'm doing while in Spain so you can keep up with me!

Name:
Location: Des Moines, Iowa, United States

Friday, October 13, 2006

Day 42
Thursday
So this morning we woke up at about 12:30. We were quite tired after last night and I had a small hangover but nothing too serious. So we chilled out in Emily’s room for quite a while and I looked for some more places and I also called Carlos since he didn’t call me last night. I actually ended up speaking with someone else who told me that they were still deciding on who it might be and that Carlos would call me back in about an hour. He didn’t but I think I will try to call later. Today is actually a holiday, kind of like Columbus day, so I shouldn’t expect too much. Plus here in Spain you just have to have so much PATIENCE which I of course have none of. Oh well. So Emily & I finally decided to eat & she decided she wanted to make Tortillas de Patatas. These are not the tortillas that you put your taco meat in. It is an omelette/bread kind of thing. It’s kind of hard to explain. The main ingredients are potatoes and eggs and usually onions. You can really put in there whatever you want though. If you look it up as Spanish Omelette on wikipedia you can see what it is. Anyway, her flatmate Filipe from Portugal (half Portuguese, half French) is a great cook so we enlisted his help. We threw in some cheese and (ick) mushrooms. I just picked them out though. We also made some yummy salad to go with it and had us some lunch. It was a nice little lunch and we just chilled. After lunch I did all the dishes (I’m trying to do what I can to make up for everything they do for me). I actually also talked to Hermine about her room. She is moving out of the flat because there are too many people and too much noise for her which is respectable because there is a lot going on a lot of the time and she will be working some. So I asked her if she could talk to the landlord about letting me take her room once she leaves. Emily had emailed her before but she said since Hermine didn’t have a new place yet she wasn’t going to promise it to anyone else, but I figured if Hermine suggested I live there then I have a good chance of being able to get the place. I would have to wait until the 1st of November but I’m sure I could figure something out. So we’ll see also what happens with that. So then I did a few more things online and headed home so Emily could have her own room for once! J I finally got home and decided to watch Finding Neverland which I haven’t seen yet. In the middle of the movie I got a call from the fontanero and he said he will be by tomorrow morning at 9:30 to fix the shower! Woohoo!!! So one of the guys who viewed my room had asked me if I wanted to go with him and some people to a party tonight and then I could practice some Spanish but he never ended up calling. So now I just had a nice relaxing day and can got a lot done tomorrow. A relaxing day is necessary here and there though especially on a Spanish holiday. So I’m going to head to bed after I finish writing for my blog and get ready for (I think) a busy day tomorrow. Night night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home